Sunday, March 15, 2009

We wanted to publish an update while we have a good internet connection.  Ben reserved a nice hotel for my birthday this weekend so we have enjoyed ant-free living for a few days, which includes a bathtub (a highlight for me and Regan), tv, a swimming pool, a lovely breakfast, and nice air conditioning, as well as a sweet internet connection.  A bonus perk: constant power and reliable water supply.  It was a great birthday weekend and it was quite relaxing.  Husbands: take note.

Ben also played in a soccer game this weekend.  This is newsworthy because his team played a really good team and they tied.  It was epic really, a tie of 1-1 for his team is an accomplishment against this particular opponent.  He will most likely be sore all week since he has been off the field for a few months now due to our travels in Thailand, but I think it was worth it to him.  He came home beaming.  

We will welcome our dear friends Kiara and Andrew this week.  Their visit is bringing us great joy and anticipation.  We were talking this weekend, and I think the thing we miss most about the states is our amazing fellowship.  We miss the friends and family that we know we are beyond blessed to have.  I am trying not to count down, but lets say it is somewhere near 121 days until we get to see the good ole Rocky Mountains again and all your beautiful faces.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now it's 119 days. i guess i'm counting down too... :)

Unknown said...

you guys are SOOOOOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I'm counting down too. I saw Zoe this past week, Alisa's baby. She looks so much like Alisa, but with blonde eyelashes.

They announced the remodel of Smoky Hill that will take place next year February with the pool. There's a lot of unhappiness because they are planning to house all the English teachers in one office. Can you imagine? It doesn't matter to me as long as I have my job. They are cutting back on all staff. I'll let you know if my job is safe. We'll probably here after spring break.

Have a nice visit with your friends. It was great talking to you last weekend.

Cindy

David & Nekayeh Carothers said...

Bro. Glad to hear that you are sticking it with soccer. I keep checking for video clips exhibiting your skills, but I have yet to find any.

Hope things are going well.

David