Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Final Push...

It's Sunday in Cambodia, and that means two things: one, the writing of this blog, and two, the start of my last week in Southeast Asia. I am little amazed that my time here has gone so fast, and that a year has come and gone. On Friday night, to commemorate my time at NPIC, the Korean staff took me and Bryant out to dinner. It was a crazy bunch of people kicking back sipping on green tea. They said some really nice things, we said some really nice things, and then we broke bread (well, actually, we broke the octopus soup—an Asian staple). Speaking of nutty foods, they also happened to mention that they regularly enjoy duck embryo, dog, and deer blood. According to the Koreans, these rare delicacies of the Asian world are not only anti-cancer, but slimming as well—bon appetite!

This weekend I hung around Phnom Penh for the last time. I was able to hit up the Russian Market for cheap goods, and get a much needed haircut totaling a dollar and fifty cents. It was a productive weekend. I am about to wrap things up here and make the hour long drive back to NPIC for what is sure to be the penultimate time. I’ll teach through Wednesday, pack on Thursday, and fly out late Friday night. It should be an eventful week.

Well, I miss you all and really looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend. Take care,

Ben

4 comments:

Victoria Cunningham said...

Ben, please give me the time you'll be arriving at SeaTac, and how to connect - with Andrea, we communicated via Sophie's cell phone. Will you have yours turned on by then? Can't wait to see you, Mom

Unknown said...

I don't know if Andrea told you, but we leave on the 4th for Florida for the week-I am in a wedding. We are so bummed we won't be here when you return, but we want to see you as soon as we can upon our return. We can't wait to introduce you to your nephew!
Safe travels to you and see you soon!
steph

grizzle said...

Ben -

since family is queing up for your presence, I'm ready to jump in line behind them. Not sure what I'm more fired up about this weekend - a day off for the holidays, or you coming back. Check that - it's you coming back. Dropped you an email with my cell...hit me when you have space.
Brian

T Just said...

call us when you get back to the states and especially if you are going to be in denver. we're headed to colorado in august.