Saturday, December 27, 2008

this is a post about shooleys

Ben is in a bit of a silly mood today. For those of you who don't know what a shooley is let me explain:  "shooley" is the neutered term of endearment used by both Ben and myself to express our undying affection for one another.   Today ben is making up songs having to do with the word shooley and all it implies.  Usually when we ride in a tuk-tuk one or the other of us sing a little ditty, sometimes original, sometimes a classic.  

Today the weather in PP is reading at a balmy 81 degrees.  There is a nice breeze in the air and all things considered it is a fairly nice day in Cambodia.  Our Sunday will consist of Comme a la Maison, our favorite French breakfast nook, followed by church, a short stop at the Russian Market and Ben's soccer game.  Then a long ride out to our countryside school.  This week will be a bit off the norm, which we have just barely settled into.  Being New Years we have Thursday off, and neither of us teach on Wednesdays, so we will be back in the city and having internet access more than usual.  I leave on Friday morning for Thailand, where my next two weeks will be spent seeing doctors and waiting for the blessed child to arrive.  Ben is going to get a few more weeks of teaching in before joining me on the 17th of January.  This new year for us will mark some of the biggest changes yet in our lives.  Besides being in yet another new country, we will have our first baby, which is a step both of us are trying to prepare for daily.  It is daunting to say the least.  Thank you for keeping up with our postings and caring about the mundane events of our lives.  Seeing your comments and receiving your emails makes a big difference in our lives.  

Hopefully you all have a very Happy New Year and a find it also new and different for you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

merry Christmas you two! Steve and I miss you so much and can't wait to hear news of your new arrival! Also we got iPhones this Christmas and can't seem to stop playing with them so here we are on a Sunday night at midnight, clicking around online. I love that I can lay in bed and check on you blog! Also I set it so that it always shows me what time it is in phnom penh. That way I think of you even more than normal, which is a lot. Colorado misses you and so do we! Love you both, lots.

Unknown said...

I have no idea why Steve's name came up but this is amy in case you didn't know.

Jonah said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we need more shooley in that last post. Perhaps a lyrics sheet, or even better, some sort of music video to "Shooley Bear" would be appropriate.

Anonymous said...

New Year's preparation has already begun for our family. Today we made mochi, which is a rice cake that we eat on New Year's morning. Love seeing the posts. I feel we are more connected. Sorry, that I missed you this weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting pictures! I love that. I miss your faces. I have your baby's picture on the fridge next to mine, they are BFF already:). I can't wait to replace them with pictures outside the womb where they don't look like aliens! I think of you all the time and miss you, both of you. Steve and I reflect on it a lot, especially over Holidays, as Steve misses Ben a lot then:). Can't wait to talk to you more consistently when you are in Thailand! Love you, mean it!

sister steph

Kathryn said...

Awh so exciting I cannot wait to see your little one! Hope you are staying well!