Friday, January 2, 2009

Split screen sadness...

I am alone in Cambodia. Yes, Andrea left for Thailand yesterday, which signals the beginning of the beginning of parenthood. To put all the worried parents to rest, I received an email from Andrea late last night detailing her arrival in full, so for now she is safe and sound. In the meantime I am living the bachelor’s life for two weeks: eating out, skimping on showers, and staying up late. Right now we are on holiday for the New Year, so we have had the last week off from teaching. Most of our time was spent preparing for Andrea’s departure, the arrival of our little one, and grading tests. Today is Saturday, so I will be getting a hair trim (my hair is getting crazy long), playing in a soccer game, and going out to eat with Bryant later tonight. Monday classes begin again in earnest, and I am greatly looking forward to putting these idle hands to work.

For New Years we stayed in and watched “Mummy 3: Curse of the Evil Chinese Emperor Who Is Also a Big Dragon,” and it was as bad as it sounds. Sad to say though, we did not get to watch the Rose Bowl, and New Years day was just not the same. What can do you though? We are in Southeast Asia and there idea of good sport is badminton! Not exactly USC versus Penn State, but I digress. I miss Andrea fiercely, I will be busy teaching until I leave, and I guess that ends my update—sorry for the rambling. Take care, and enjoy your New Year.

PS-While Andrea is in Thailand her Skype will be a_b_peters (the same as it has been), however mine will change to benjamin.john.peters for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ben,
Let's skype!
love,
dad

Unknown said...

I know Ange misses you too! Don't wait to long to join her, you don't want to miss the birth of your daughter! So crazy we are going to be parents! We miss you!
Steph